1 box Sally Williams almond nougat
2 x 80g Sally Williams dark chocolate slab (using 125g)
250g plain sweet biscuits
1/4 cup rum
1/4 cup cocoa
1 cup icing sugar
125g finely chopped nuts of choice
125g butter (melted)
1 cup desiccated coconut
30g butter extra
- Cut nougat pieces into equal quarters using an oiled knife. Set aside for later use.
- Crush biscuits into crumbs. Combine biscuit crumbs, rum, sifted cocoa, sifted icing sugar and nuts in a bowl, pour in melted butter, mix well.
- Mould the crumb mixture around the pieces of cut nougat. Refrigerate until set, about two hours.
- Chop the dark chocolate roughly. Add chocolate and extra butter into a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 30-minute bursts until melted. Mix in coconut and roll each moulded nougat ball into the coconut mixture.
- Return to a tray lined with parchment paper and refrigerate until set.